1.0 How to use the standard modules
Antenor BMS have multiple modules with similar structure; we call them standard modules. They are similar in structure, but their content is different. Since they are similarly structured, working with documents from other modules makes filling and navigating them more manageable.
Examples of modules with the standard structure are NCR, controlled documents, supplier approval and safety inspections.
In all the standard modules, you create documents of that module type. The information is filled in using different text fields, dropdown lists, radio buttons and more. Therefore, the fields and structure of each module document will vary, but you will recognize the similarity.
2.0 How to create a new document
For this article, we will use the NCR module as an example.
From the main menu, go to NCR and select «New NCR.»
A new NCR registration document will open; you can fill in all fields. Fields marked with red text and a star are mandatory and cannot be left empty.
Based on the setup of the NCR module your company has chosen, you may have different fields in your NCR than shown in this guide.
To complete the registration, fill in all the information needed to process the NCR further.
3.0 Standard tabs
In a standard module document, you will find a set of tabs on the top left side.
- In this document, the first three tabs are for each step in the life cycle of the NCR. The first tab will get the title of the document once entered.
- The fourth tab, «Show/Print all», will let you view all the NCR phases in one document when the NCR is completed.
- The «Log» tab will give you an overview of changes made in this NCR document.
- The «Attachments» tab will list all attachments to this NCR document.
A standard module will have a row of different buttons in the top right corner. Which buttons and what colour they are will vary depending on where you are in the document’s life cycle and what access you as a user have.
Description of the buttons and their purpose:
- The «paper clip» will allow you to add images and attachments.
- The «forward» will let you forward a document. This can be customized for your system.
- The «disk with an eye» will let you save as observation if the «Risk before action» has the value 3 / yellow, 4 / green or NA / white.
- The «paper plane» will let you send it for approval. For this button to be active (green), all mandatory fields must be filled out, and there must be someone with approver access in the system.
- The «document check» will let you approve a document if you have access rights.
- The «disk» will let you save a document as a draft.
- The «X» will delete the current revision of a document.
- The «printer» creates a pdf file.
- The «pen» will let you go from reading to editing.
- The «archive» will let you archive a document. Documents can’t be deleted, but archiving it will make them invisible to standard users. The superuser gives access to this function.
To forward a document, the function must first be activated. To activate the function, please get in touch with the Antenor support team.
4.0 Adding images or other attachments
If using ABMS on a mobile device, you can take pictures with your camera. Adding images or other attachments can be done in three different ways:
- By the «upload» button.
- The «paper clip» button is described above.
- You can drag and drop attachments into the document.
There is a built-in comments function if you need more information from other people. Click the «Comments» tab in the bottom right corner to open the chat box.
The comments function allows you to invite participants and have a dialogue when information is needed.