This article will show you how to create an analysis based on a standard report.
As shown in the articles; «SUPER USER Creating a report» and «SUPER USER Report filtering», the report tool in Antenor BMS is a powerful instrument that will give you access to a lot of useful information about your company. To make it even better, the analysis tool allows you to get a visual image of the data from the report, in the form of graphs. This can be very useful when you need to have a quick and visual overview of the status of your business.
Creating a report analysis
In this example we will get a visual image of the numbers and types of incidents, and the cost for the different incident types. One row will show all incidents, the next row will show only the last months incidents.
1. Click the «Analysis» tab in the top right corner.
2. Click the «Create New» button.
3. Give the analysis a name.
4. Click the «Add new Chart» button in the top right corner.
5. Select the field(s) you want to include in the graph. The fields available here are the fields chosen to be a part of this report.
In this example we will choose the field «Incident type». Then click the «Close» button.
This selection gives you a graph that shows the number of incidents on the left side, the y-axis. And the different types of incidents along the bottom, the x-axis.
6. If you repeat steps 4 and 5, choosing these fields:
- Second graph – Choose fields «Incident type» and «Cost».
- Third graph – Choose fields «Incident type».
- Fourth graph – Choose fields «Incident type» and «Cost».
This will give you four graphs looking something like this. The two rows are the same, but in the next step we will add a filter to the bottom row.
For your information, the analysis view has a limit of two graphs per row.
Adding filter to an analysis
1. You now have the opportunity to choose different filters. Use the yellow «Filter» button in the top right of each chart’s header line.
2. Choosing the filter option «Last month» on the last two graphs changes them, and the visual result is this. Now, the top row shows all incidents, but the bottom row only includes the incidents from last month.
3. Click the red «Save graph» button next to the graph name.